Baci di dama Recipe
December 24, 2009
Recipe from Gourmet Traveler
- 105 gm (3/4 cup) hazelnuts, roasted and peeled
- 160 gm (1 cup) pure icing sugar (I only had confectioners)
- 125 gm softened butter
- 1 orange rind finely grated
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped seeds only
- 150 gm (1 cup) plain flour
- Dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa)
- Roast and peel hazelnuts. Again, this was the most annoying and time consuming part, but well worth it. I needed more nuts for another recipe, so just roasted up a whole bunch at once.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Process hazelnuts and icing/confectioners sugar in food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter, orange zest, vanilla seeds, nut/sugar mixture, and a pinch of salt until creamy.
I love using real vanilla bean (even if it does get in my fingernails!)
- Next add the flour, stirring until just combined (do not overmix)
- Roll half teaspoons (yes, thats right, half teaspoons! i was tempted to make them larger, but they really come out better and cuter when tiny) of dough into balls and arrange on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes in center of oven until golden, then cool on wire racks.
- If you’re into chocolate, melt some in a double boiler, and dip buiscuits into chocolate to coat. Let dry on parchment paper.
Keep in fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
from → regular