This is one of my all time favorite foods! It’s kindof like a pizza with a Polish twist: it has a mushroom sauce instead of a tomato one. I love it so much that my mom makes it at least twice every time I visit. I like mine nice and simple, and with lots of cayenne and paprika sprinkled on top, but meat or bacon work very well and can be added, as well as any other pizza-type toppings. This would also work great as an appetizer or party finger food. Just cut up bread into bite-sized pieces and top with sauce, cheese, and spices!
- 2-3lbs white mushrooms
- 1lg onion, chopped
- 2Tb EVOO
- 2 Beef bouillon cubes
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- large handful Parsley
- mozzarella cheese
- baguette-type bread
Preheat oven to 350F.
1) Chop mushrooms
2) Chop onions and sauté in EVOO over medium-low heat for a few minutes, till softened and translucent.
3) Add chopped mushrooms to onion and mix.
4) Simmer until mushrooms release water. Add bouillon cubes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
5) Keep simmering over low heat until sauce is reduced
6) Meanwhile, chop parsley
7) Add parsley to mushroom sauce once it has reduced and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
8) Cut up cheese and slice bread in half (optional: can toast bread in oven for a few minutes if a crispier ‘crust’ is desired)
9) Arrange bread on baking sheets. Top with sauce and cheese slices.
10) Bake in preheated 350F oven until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with favorite spices.