Harvest Grains with Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
This is a quick and easy way to incorporate roasted veggies with grains and any other leftovers you happen to have around. I saw this Harvest Grains blend at Trader Joe’s and picked it up thinking it would be a great base for weekday lunches or a dinner side dishes. The mix contains Israeli Style Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans, and Red Quinoa and takes only about 15 minutes to prepare. Since I had some leftover roasted chicken and golden crusted brussels sprouts sitting around, I just threw them all together to create this simple yet complete dish. Im sure just about any combination of veggies and protein will work great and I recommend this recipe for those of us easing into experimenting with new veggies like brussels sprouts!
Harvest Grains Salad with Roast Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 Tb butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded roasted/cooked chicken
- 1 cup Golden Crusted Brussels Sprouts
1) Bring water to a boil (can also use broth). Add butter and stir in Harvest Grains Blend
2) Bring back to boil, add a pinch of salt. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 mins
3) Stir together chicken, grains, and brussels sprouts and serve! Sprinkle with cheese if you like.