Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
The farewell to summer themed birthday dinner continued with another super easy to make appetizer that was so nice along with the gazpacho. This prosciutto wrapped asparagus was such a fun little side dish. The prosciutto dressed up the asparagus, gave it a bit of saltiness and took it to a whole new level.
- 12 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 teaspoons creamy cheese (optional) (I used Neutchatel)
- salt & pepper
1) Preheat oven to 450 F.
2) Spread prosciutto slices with 1 teaspoon cheese, if using.
3) Wrap slices around 3 asparagus spears, arrange on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt & pepper.
4) Roast 15 minutes until asparagus is tender and prosciutto is slightly crispy.